Bay Park Real Estate | Homes For Sale
Bay Park is a thriving residential neighborhood located east of Interstate 5 along Mission Bay and north of Old Town. Bay Park’s enviable location in San Diego’s central coast is perhaps its best selling point - not only is it close to the beach but it is also great for commuters, offering easy access to local freeways and downtown San Diego. Bay Park is bordered by Mission Bay and Pacific Bay in the West, Clairemont in the East, Bay in the North and Morena and Linda Vista in the South and Southeast.
Bay Park residential neighborhood got its start in California’s post-World War 2 real estate boom, with the first subdivisions built in the 1950’s as affordable housing for returning G.I.’s. The area’s central location and panoramic views of Mission Bay made it extremely popular with homebuyers and quickly turned Bay Park into the thriving residential community it is today.
Bay Park covers approximately 3 square miles and is served by two zip codes - 92117 North and East of Clairemont Dr and 92110, South of Clairemont Dr. Bay Park is a relatively hilly area affording many of the homes have stunning views of Mission Bay to the west and Tecolote Canyon in the east and south. City planning is handled by the Clairemont Town Council and Planning Groups. The Morena Business Association looks after the needs of local business owners.
What makes Bay Park such a popular residential destination in San Diego? Plenty!
- The View - No matter where you live in Bay Park, you are treated to incredible views of Mission Bay - imagine gazing out into serene blue waters of the ocean and incredible sunsets from your backyard.
- Location, Location, Location - Bay Park’s central location makes it extremely convenient for working families commuting to other parts of the city. The 8, 5 and 52 freeways are mere minutes away.
- Active Lifestyle - With Mission Bay Park and Tecolote Canyon in its backyard, Bay Park is a great place for nature lovers to get out there and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Unique homes and living styles - Unlike other parts of the city, you won’t find cookie cutter tract housing here. Most homes in Bay Park were built in the 1950’s and remodelled, renovated and expanded to today’s standards. Aside from some some developments and condos, most homes in Bay Area don’t have HOA fees or Mello Roos.
- Great Schools - Bay Park residents are spoiled for choice when it comes to schools. The neighborhood is served by Bay Park and Toler Elementary Schools, Marston Middle and Clairemont High. There are also a number of Spanish immersion school for grades K-8, several private schools and preschools.
Popular cities in San Diego
Bay Park Additional Information
If you would like to talk to Alex directly about Bay Park Real Estate please send a message directly with the information below or complete the contact us form and Alex will call you as soon as the request is received.